Anthony Walters, Owner
In 2006 I started my survey career when I enrolled at Glenville State College in West Virginia where I received an Associate’s Degree in Land Surveying. In the fall of 2000, I accepted a position with ATCS, PLC in Culpeper VA where I started off as a Junior Party Chief. Over the next thirteen years, I worked my way up to the field crew coordinator position where at one point I was in charge of 5 field crews and managing several large construction projects. In 2013 I took a position with Axis Land Surveying and was able to take all the experience I’ve gained over the years and apply it to the growth of Axis Land Surveying. I can’t thank Rex Ostrander enough for trusting in me and allowing me to grow into the surveyor I am today. After 10 years with Axis Land Surveying, I was able to purchase the company that I love. Garth Kane and I may be new owners but we will continue to deliver the same exceptional service to all of our clients. So, if you need help, advice, direction or assistance with any project don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always just a phone call away.
Garth Kane, Owner
I began my surveying journey in 2014 working part-time at Axis Land Surveying while attending George Mason University. In 2016, I graduated from George Mason University with a bachelor's degree in biology, but ultimately, I decided to stay on at Axis Land Surveying full-time once I graduated and shortly thereafter my enjoyment for land surveying, the outdoors and problem-solving began to grow.
I have always been an outdoorsman at heart and surveying has allowed me to enjoy my love for the outdoors while working. I believe that a good work ethic and attention to detail are essential tools for the modern Surveyor.
I would like to thank you for considering Axis Land Survey for your next project.
- 1964 Employed by John Weiler and Associates.
- 1966 I enlisted in the Army taking basic and training at Fort Dix, NJ. 6 years a reservist.
- 1968 Continuing my surveying career I started college at Alfred State University of New York majoring in Surveying and Construction Technology (AAS degree).
- 1975 Land Surveying License in the State of Florida.
- 1976 Land Surveying License in the State of West Virginia.
- Opened the practice of Ostrander Land Surveying, Inc. in 1976
- 1993 Land Surveying License in the State of Virginia.
- Opened the practice of Axis Land Survey to the present.
- April 1st 2023 sold the company to Anthony Walters & Garth Kane
- Knights of Columbus
- Virginia Association of Land Surveyors
- Rappahannock Chapter of Land Surveyors
- Virginia Floodplain Management Association
- Habitat for Humanity – Louisa County Chapter
Hi, I’m Rex Ostrander, and I fell in love with land surveying at the age of 12, watching a new road being built from my front yard... and listening to the adventure stories told by relatives in the field...
... I started in 1964 as a front-chain man on a survey crew, where my future was formed.
I guess maybe the machetes and brush axes intrigued me... I didn't realize the amount of math that would be required to succeed in surveying.
Since then, I have been helping my community by taking on all of the various aspects property owners are faced with.
Although I thoroughly enjoy the many challenges of working with math, boundary law, searching boundary history, and resolving boundary problems... what I love most is helping clients to realize their visions for placement of a new home, planning and designing minor subdivisions and the many other puzzles that face us in our every day lives.
I thank you for considering Axis Land Survey for your next project.